Click the job listings below to learn more!
Senior Accountant, Financial Analyst, and Director of Accounting
Senior Accountant : Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business related field. CPA or CPA candidate. 4-7 years of experience with Big 4/ public accounting firm; will consider someone direct from public accounting or someone with a blend of public and industry. Supporting the Director of Finance and Accounting, this role will is full packed ! GAAP/ GL/ store/ forecasting/ month end close/ retail accounting/ special projects (i.e. the accounting for the retail store) and to top it off the opportunity to be part of an ERP conversion. You are truly getting in on the ground floor as this Company continues to build out a contemporary Accounting and Finance function.
Financial Analyst (FP&A) : Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or business related field. 5-7 years of experience with a strong commercial finance / FP&A background with a leading CPG or high growth CPG company. Solid experience with sales and marketing analytics and prior experience partnering with commercial teams.
Director of Accounting (100% remote) : Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business related field, CPA with minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in a fast paced environment with foundation at a Big 4 public accounting firm. Consumer products/e-commerce industry experience is strongly desired. Prior IPO experience preferred including experience drafting S-1 and quarterly SEC filings. Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and work quite a bit with the Head of Commercial Finance and Internal Audit.
Please contact Laurie Canepa and Accountability Resources
goPuff: Head of Operations, Regional Brand Partnerships, Head of Market Development, Manager of Customer Experience, Regional Operations Manager
Looking for Director of Marketing
Mosie Baby is at the forefront of the burgeoning home fertility market. The company is seeking a Director of Marketing to accelerate growth of by expanding Mosie Baby’s reach and broaden awareness of its products. The Director of Marketing is a leadership role responsible for developing and executing the long-term brand strategies and tactics. The role will manage and oversee all activities related to marketing, advertising, brand building, affiliate marketing, influencer outreach and social media. In addition, the Director of Marketing will play a critical strategic role evaluating and prioritizing expansion into new channels and markets. This individual must have a proven track record of accelerating brand growth within the consumer goods space.
- Develop and execute the annual marketing plan to support our overall business strategy, growth goals and objectives.
- Devise, implement, and track multi-channel marketing campaigns for direct to consumer and retail sales.
- Work collaboratively across Marketing, Creative Services, Customer Service, and Operations to execute marketing plans.
- Help oversee the Mosie Baby brand and grow our community.
- Manage internal and external marketing partnerships and relationships. This includes managing and leading our internal marketing staff.
- Develop, manage marketing budgets and provide monthly analytics and reporting.
- Manage and implement all traditional and digital advertising aligned with brand standards and positioning.
- Oversee content creation, email marketing, affiliate program, and social media.
- Manage all projects via Asana project management software to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Analyze the market for growth opportunities and new marketing channels.
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive common goals and initiatives.
- We’re a small team, so the ability to jump in when the occasion arises and help with whatever task pops up!
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Experience: 5-7 years of proven success as a creative & performance driven marketing leader with an appreciation for community building.
- Proven marketing campaign experience, ideally with a consumer goods company..
- Data-driven and customer-centric approach to establishing marketing strategies with appropriate metrics.
- Experience at a direct to consumer business will be given preference.
- Proven track record at a start-up, ecommerce business, or small business work environment is preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Google docs, Google Sheets, Google Analytics, Facebook and Instagram Analytics, and Asana.
- User Experience research and testing is a plus but not required.
- Must be based in the Texas area (please do not apply if you do not currently live in Texas.)
- Lots of initiative and curiosity! We welcome experimentation and creative ideas.
To apply, contact Maureen Brown.
Alvie's hiring an Operations Assistant
Alvies is a boot and flip-flop brand that sells exclusively online and at events around Austin (well, when events were still a thing). Alvies is looking for a highly motivated key contributor to assist with operations for our fast-growing retail business.
The Operations Assistant position will handle a variety of responsibilities to keep up the day-to-day operations (hence the clever title) of our busy ecommerce brand. That includes everything from managing inventory to managing relationships to helping with bookkeeping and financial reporting/forecasting.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Operations Assistant will use knowledge of our products and our business, flexibility (mental not physical, although physical can’t hurt), and nearly unlimited amounts of positive energy and can-do spirit to help our small team execute in a number of high-impact areas. And of course the best-of-the-best, Maverick-from-Top-Gun candidates will also have a passion for boots, flip-flops and beautiful Austin, Texas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2–3 years of experience in operations, preferably in the ecommerce industry, with some finance experience; project management experience is a plus
- College Degree
- Strong understanding of how to manage ecommerce inventory and accounting
- A head for numbers and heart for boots/flops
- Customer service experience is a plus — a determination to wow customers with every interaction is a must
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Quickbooks
- The ability to wear a lot of different hats throughout the day (both metaphorically and literally)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong affinity for and understanding of the Alvies brand, story and mission
- A friendly demeanor and positive attitude bordering on the annoying
You’ll assist the company in a wide variety of areas, with one day never looking like another. If you enjoy boring, monotonous work with boring, monotonous people, this is probably not the gig for you. But your specific duties will definitely include:
- Inventory management & tracking
- Partner relationship management
- Local product pickup and delivery
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Cashflow reporting
- Financial reporting & forecasting
- Prep for year-end and tax filings
7-11 is seeking candidates for the following positions
New Business Development Manager: The ideal candidate has a 3-5 years of consulting or IB experience and interested in transitioning to a corporate venture group. The manager will be leading startup sourcing/pipeline as well as testing and partnership of convenient services and CPG brands in 7E stores. It’s super entrepreneurial and a great role for a critical thinker and go-getter. Handshake link. 7E corporate site link
New Business Development Analyst: This role could be for a recent MBA grad or an undergrad with 1-2 years of experience. This role reports to the portfolio manager of 7-Ventures and will conduct the day-to-day needs of our portfolio companies. This is an interesting role because of the exposure to the corporate venture world and gives the candidate access to the other managers on the team who lead testing and partnerships. Handshake link. 7E corporate site link.
Looking for UX/UI Designers/Coders to work on eCommerce site
Esker is looking for UX/UI Designers/Coders who can help tweak and optimize our existing eCommerce site. The site consistently produces a 3-4 percent conversion rate, but they would like to make improvements and refinements wherever possible. Contact Shannon.
Looking for Experienced Digital Marketing Manager
SKU alumni Austin Eastciders is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager.
With a heavy focus in Social Media, the Digital Marketing Manager role will drive community growth, engagement and purchase across a unified ecosystem of digital channels including: austineastciders.com, ecommerce, branded social media channels, influencer channels and partner properties for the Austin Eastciders portfolio of brands and Eastciders Tasting Rooms. This role will develop and lead a network of social content producers who love the brand. This role will also lead digital ad spend across Social, SEM and other display advertising as-needed. The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of Austin, Texas and Austin Culture
- Bachelor’s in marketing or related field required
- 3-5+ years of relevant online marketing experience
- Excellent copy writing and communications skills
- Track record of producing and deploying social content
- Expert knowledge of digital tracking and analytics
- Solid organizational, attention to detail, multi-tasking, project management and time management skills
- Self-starter with a personal commitment to quality
- Works well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
For additional information about the position and to apply, click here.
Started in 2013, Austin Eastciders now is sold in Texas and 17 other states, with such flavors as Pineapple Cider and Black Cherry Spiked Seltzer.
If you’re interested in applying or want to learn more about the position, click here for more information
Leverage Texas McCombs MBA Students for your business
Curious if you’re targeting the right customer segments? Wondering which social media channels are best for your product? Questions on pricing or your business model that you want to research, but lack the time?
If so, please consider partnering with a UT-Austin MBA class, “Foundations of Entrepreneurship,” taught by Dr. Katie Pritchett. Students in this Spring 2021 class are required to partner with an emerging start-up to apply class concepts around Lean Startup and hypothesis-driven entrepreneurship. In a 6-8 week project, students partner with businesses to identify a small-scope research project to (in)validate areas of the business model to help the founders learn quickly on whether and how they should persist, pivot, or perish.
The goals are:
- To identify a mutually beneficial project that meets both the class and the company’s needs.
- To minimize client time while maximizing their learning.
In order to meet that need, the company must agree to a 60-90 minute scoping meeting with students in mid-to-late February and then be available for an average of 3 hours throughout the duration of the project for student questions. Deliverables include: executive summary with results and recommendations & 10-minute student presentations.
Clients are welcome to attend final presentations, but all will be recorded. Interested companies can complete this interest survey (2 mins to fill out).
Looking for someone with Operations and Inventory Management experience
Blenders & Bowls, which recently launched its Smoothie Bowls into retailers nationwide, is building out the team. They are seeking someone skilled in Operations and Inventory Management within the CPG space.
Please contact co-founder Erin Thompson.