Earlier this month, NOSH – a leading authority on the the natural, healthy food industry – announced the winners of the Best Of ’22 Awards to honor the individuals, brands and products that demonstrated excellence and innovation and great potential. This year’s winners represented a wide range of products from some of the hottest categories, from ethnic products to probiotic baked goods. It also honored founders who are doing good as they do well.
“We tend to look at the flavors, design factors, innovations and positioning that might make an impact on the category, if not create long term growth for the founders,” says NOSH/BevNet editor-in-chief and SKU mentor Jeff Klineman.
Winners were chosen for the following categories:
- Brand of the Year: Partake, an allergen-free bakery brand founded by Denise Woodward in 2017.
- Person of the Year: Ayeshah Abuelhiga founder of Mason Dixon, an innovative biscuit brand.
- Cause-based Iniative: UNSTUCK, launched by the Tent Partnership for Refugees, a nonprofit founded by Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya to develop products that source ingredients from suppliers that employ refugees.
- Rising Stars: Patagonia Provisions, which makes upscale fish and buffalo products, Chomps, better-for-you meat sticks, and Yasso, which makes a line of Greek yogurt treats.
- Best New Products: GoodPop Chocolate Vanilla Sandwiches, Goodles, Fillo’s Walking Tamales, Fly by Jing and Fishwife Smoked Salmon, Yumi Bars and Chubby Snacks TBH Peanut & Hazelnut Cocoa Sandwich.
- Best Packaging Design: Goodles, a better-for-you macaroni and cheese brand.
- Best Marketing Campaign: BelliWelli, a probiotic baked goods brand that destigmatized gut health with billboards that said “Hot Girls Have IBS.”
- Emerging Brands: Seal the Seasons smoothie mixes tortilla brand Vista Hermosa Omsom, which makes Asian meal starters, Renewal Mill, a line of baking mixes using upcycled ingredients, and Bachan’s Japanese barbecue sauces.
To learn more about the winners, visit NOSH.